The Bank SDC are pleased to be able to offer all our customers exclusive and bespoke safety deposit box insurance policies. We have teamed up with the market leading insurance specialists Ellerton Knight to provide both box and wear cover which is available across all box options.
• Obtain immediate cover for the contents of your safe deposit box
• Up to £500,000 per box for all valuables and cash
• Insurance cover in respect of the following: Gold, Silver other Precious Metals, Jewellery, Precious Stones, Securities, Bonds, Money, Numismatic collections, Philatelic Collections and any other item of value or documents whatsoever.
Safety Deposit Association member policies include Fidelity Cover.
Each security box is insured individually in your name, so any payout will be made directly to you and not via the security box centre. Always make sure the policy is adequate to cover the contents of the box: don’t under insure.
Pay an additional premium and cover your valuables outside your security box.
• Cover up to £100,000 outside the security box.
• Your items will be insured when you are carrying them, wearing them, or in a locked safe.
• Cover up to 20 days per year (this cover includes travel to and from security box centre).
• Ideal for Special occasions, Weddings and Social events.
* £250 excess
We use an independent insurance broker, Ellerton Knight, who are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Ellerton Knight specialise in providing insurance for the Safe Deposit Industry.
Ellerton Knight 715 Hagley Road West, Quinton, Birmingham, B32 1DJ, 0121 423 5300.
A vast proportion of households do not insure their contents with sufficient cover. Many are insured for half the true value, and there are many with less cover. Obviously this can cause severe difficulties should a large claim arise and may even result in a much lower settlement figure.
For a small fee we can arrange a consultation with our valuers who will provide written valuations, which you can rely on. Our valuers keep themselves up to date and will assess the contents of the deposit box so that should a claim be made the correct level of compensation will be paid.